Tuesday, May 12, 2009

time for a change?

-I'm finally out of that big evil hole of darkness!!! But you know whats the most ironic part? No, I didn't get alcohol poisoning (though that would really have been ironic).. But Zi Chao asked me to go work at 12th Element (the new Bottoms Up)!!! Its like whenever I quit one pub then another pub comes along.. LOL. But this time I was quite firm to stick to my decision of not working at another pub ever again. Though I have to admit I was kinda tempted.

And then, the next day I actually went to church after not going for one month plus!! So quite happy la.. Really trying to make changes for the better which includes quitting smoking, minimising drinking, working harder, eating healthily and exercising regularly!!! Haha. That was quite a mouthful. I guess that would be anyone's perfect lifestyle?

But I didn't really think much of the healthy parts of those changes till yesterday when I felt pain in my chest. Which I have felt a few times before but not so often in one day! So i started to feel scared and didn't really dare to sleep 'coz you know.. They say that most of the time you will die if you get a heart attack when you sleep. Heh.

So I went to CGH just now and waited 2 freaking hours to see the doctor, who looked like he just graduated from uni and knows shit about medicine. Firstly, during the whole 10mins I was in his room, 4 people walked in to talked to him and he walked out once. Secondly, he was really talkative and trying to be funny-lame which would be sorta endearing IF he actually knew his stuff and not just doing it to cover up for his imcompetency. Thirdly, he just said I probably just have muscle pull and nothing else. Then he said but it's only 99% confirm. But thats not the bad part yet! I felt that it was a total waste of time and money so i decided to make it worth it and asked him to prescribe me some Duramine. AND YOU KNOW WHAT?? He was like er ah uh.. Then he asked me why i wanted SLEEPING PILLS. And the most laughable part was that he had 2 computers and he actually went to Google on the one that had internet access!!! But before he could google it, I told him it's an appetite suppressant and he said they don't prescribe that in CGH but i bet he probably doesn't really know! *sigh* If something happens to me please ask my parents to sue the doctor!!!

So I'm going for a full body check up in 2 weeks time just to make sure there's really nothing wrong with me. Then it's also time for all those changes.. I didn't smoke today!!! Haha. Sometimes i feel that it is hard to just live life decently and the right way but then again, I still think that there are little things that make it all worth it.. =D

No comments: