Thursday, July 16, 2009

anymore?

I tried to finish the Bintan post but my updates kept disappearing!! So i got fed up and decided to use my bro's laptop instead of my old laggy comp to blog but then I realised I could upload photos with my time instead so the Bintan post is yet again pushed back.. Hehe.

Nonetheless, I realised I haven't been updating much so here's a short update..

A few months ago, my friends were talking about this 'anymore' place at Geylang and me being me, thought it was a nightclub. Turned out it's actually their term for the illegal gambling tables there which I've actually heard of before la but never went to check it out before coz I sometimes lose my head when gambling..

Anyway, I WENT TODAY! Haha. I thought it would be like tended by ah bengs and abit like the underground gambling dens in movies kind but its actually just a table with a 'da/siao' plastic mat thingy on it. Ok, I'm so bad at describing la. I actually wanted to take a picture to blog about it but my friend said wait the guy whack me all.. LOL. Somemore they are not ah bengs can! They are like Indians/Thais/mostly foreigners la..

So I played(minimum bet $10).. And won $100!!! But I spent $35 on fags and supper then human nature took over and I wanted to win more so went back there and lost the remaining $60! LOL. Wanted to continue but luckily my friend talked me into going home..

Actually the first time I played and was on a winning streak I suddenly thought, "What if those guys suspect I got supernatural powers? Like the guy in [Push] or Hiro Nakamura?" Lol. Then when I was walking away after winning I was so scared they whack me la!

I asked my friend how they earn money like that and he said people would always keep going back. Which is true la. You win, you wanna win more. You lose, you wanna win it all back. *Sigh* Humans.

Definately must have self control the next time I go back. =x

No comments: