Friday, April 22, 2011

disconnect to connect for a GOOD FRIDAY

The title of my post comes partly from this YouTube video which Eric showed me some time back.

I can't link it coz I'm using my hp to blog but basically it's an ad which brings across the message that people can be physically together yet worlds apart thanks to the very thing which I'm using to blog now.

Technology has gotten so advanced that people all over the world can communicate with each other, yet 2 people can sit next to each other and play with their handphones, not talking at all. Facebook and twitter accounts are updated regularly, but updates in real life are seldom exchanged between friends. I'm sure most of you reading this are guilty of the above! I have 2 friends (namely Cammie and Angele haha) who reply to tweets but not to sms-es!!

That said, I am also guilty of sometimes ignoring group conversations when I meet up with my friends, choosing to play my game (words with friends! Add me! pinkmist02) or update twitter/fb statuses instead. Those who know me know that social media is an integral part of my life and I check twitter feeds at least once every waking hour.

So, in the spirit of good Friday, I have decided to abstain from fb and twitter! For those of you who don't know, good Friday is one of most important days for Catholics coz it's the day Jesus died for our salvation! So we, in turn, make small sacrifices to show our acknowledgement and gratitude.

Yes, I know it might not seem like alot to abstain from fb/twitter (especially when you compare it to someone dying for you) but to me it is coz I'm practically an addict! I hope I make it through the day!! :x


No comments: