Tuesday, April 25, 2006

my longest job ever

The place was full of Japanese and Korean people shouting here and there. Sounded alot like a pasar malam really. It was crowded and chaotic with sales people just trying to 'grab' whatever sales they could make. There was a sound of a bottle being dropped and broken and I overheard a lady telling her young daughter," You see darling, people break things here. Please be careful." I dunno why but for some reason I thought the way she said it was very funny. I followed a customer round and round even though he totally ignored me when I asked if he needed any help(fucker!). Then I see my colleague talking to a very kan chiong jap guy who's almost shouting at her, she kept frowning 'coz she didn't know how to communicate with him and she ended up just saying," chotomate, chotomate!!" over and over again..

Haiz. My job. To love it or hate it? Seriously lahz, sometimes I really feel like I'm working in a market instead of a perfume shop. I really dunno whether to quit anot lehz.. So I decided to do what I always do when I'm faced with a dilemma.. make a list of advantages and disadvantages.. here it is..

Things I hate about my job

1. I have to clean every fucking day!!! And I totally hate cleaning.. ruins my delicate hands.. hah!

2. Irritating customers who come in, spray tons of perfume and then say," I can't decide which one I want." and walk off. *rolls eyes*

3. The morning shift kinda sucks.. it starts at 6am.. and I usually can't sleep before 1am..

4. Stupid customers who think EVERYTHING revolves around their country. "excuse me, is this in [insert their country name] dollars??" yeah yeah.. The bloody big S in front of the $ sign is just there for fun.. And seriously.. Which perfume would ever cost 68 RMB?!!!

5. The target keeps going higher.. makes us more stressed!!=(

6. China customers who talk in that extremely cheena accent that really gives me goosebumps. Seriously, by the time I'm done talking to them I'm so exhausted from speaking so much chinese at one go..

7. 2 fucked up supervisors who keep picking on me!! Ok lah, make that one plus one newbie sup who probably just agrees with everything the other one says to curry favour or something.. irritating!!

8. Customers who come in, ask for a particular item and then tell me they already bought it at MUSTAFA or some other cheap skate place for a much cheaper price.. knn.. buy already still come and ask for what?! Ok, the list about irritating and fucked up customers just go on and on.. I think if I continue I don't need to sleep already. Customers asking for lux soap, shampoo, hair gel, packet tissues.. all in the irritating customers category. Customers who think they are so bloody rich but still haggle for free gifts, customers who say they are going to buy 'ALOT' but end up buying one mascara, customers who ignore me, customers who ask for samples without even buying anything.. all in the fucked up category. And there's more.. another time then tell u all..

9. The small stuff like packing stock nearly every alternate day, doing price change every month, making us have 'dinner' at 4pm, cutting our ot pay..

10. My uniform is fucking ugly.

Things I love about my job

1. I love my colleagues!! Ok, most of them. At least the ones who are not back-stabbing, customer grabbing bitches. =))

2. I have 2 days off a week!! Even better then an office job!! Plus I hate office jobs.

3. I have one supervisor that I totally love.. she's so nice to me.. >_<

4. I get freebies all the time!!! Go training, get free stuff.. hit target, get free stuff.. special occasions, get free stuff.. plus with my beauty allowance I have a whole lifetime worth of perfumes, skincare and cosmetic. Now.. if only they don't expire..

5. My break is one hour and there is mtv to watch, computers to use(although actually it is only for passengers =x ), cheap canteen food and a great view of the aeroplanes.. but I see until sianz already.. only makes me feel like going overseas!!

6. I kinda like having some kinda target to work towards. I guess that's what keeps me motivated. Although they don't have to make it so high and make people over motivated until everyone becomes back-stabbing and customer grabbing.

7. Job satisfaction. Not all customers are bad.. the nice ones make us feel really happy and satisfied..

8. The pay is enough to support my luxurious lifestyle.. hehe..

So.. I guess the bad points seem more but the freebies can count for 5 points!!haha.. Anyway, I really dunno whether I should quit.. any suggestions? After next month I'd have been working there for one year!! So excited.. 'coz I never stayed at any job for one year before..

Haiz. I guess I have alot of thinking to do about my life.


No comments: