Tuesday, July 11, 2006

recover from heartbreak like a man

This was one of the articles featured in this month's CLEO. It's mostly common sense lah actually, most girls probably do the same thing.

1. Relish your new freedom.
Do the things that you couldn't do when you were with the other half. Hmm. Actually this is just leading to the 4th point.

2. Have a quick fix.
Omg! CLEO encourages people to have ONS!! Naughty.. But it probably works. Not that I have tried it of 'coz. =X

3. Double your poison.
Their poison means a drink but I guess you can always substitute it with panadols, sleeping pills, cough mixture, etc.. I'm kidding.. Just stick to drinks k? I've doubled, tripled and quadrupled it but this one DOES NOT work at all. So it's a no no to getting drunk 'coz you'll end up doing stupid things you regret the next day. Of 'coz, getting just a little tipsy is a different story..

4. Play up the single status.
Done. And as far as I know, nearly everybody does too.. But nobody does it better than a certain someone I know.. (I think most of you know who it is ;P)

5. Bend and stretch.
Exercise. It's hard. I'm lazy. Jace!! Pull me to the gym leh! =x (For those of you who don't know, exercising produces endorphins which will make you happy. Didn't you watch Legally Blond??! And of 'coz when you lose weight you'll be happier!)

6. Bin the reminders.
This is the first thing I usually do. Get rid of photos, belongings, anything belonging to the other person. But it's hard when everything reminds you of the other person doesn't it? And I cannot bear to dump the sketchbook which we took so long to do and Stitch.. But since I managed to throw away the pig Alex gave me, hmm, maybe sooner or later.

7. Take the low road.
This basically means, bitch about the other party. This is something everybody does but it doesn't always work. Sometimes you just end up feeling worse.. And the goal that you want is indifference, not hate, remember?

I wrote this actually wanting to proclaim there's a better way than that to get over a break up but seriously? I think there is no fixed way to get over it. I guess everyone has their own way. I thought I had mine. Oh ya! It was GO OUT EVERYDAY AND NIGHT TILL YOU'RE DAMN TIRED THEN GO SLEEP STRAIGHTAWAY. And it was working damn well till nobody wanted to go out today and I surfed aimlessly for hours and saw my bloody yahoo photos. What the hell man.

On my way to Jas' cousins house at Holland V last week I got lost and passed by her mum's house twice. It's just.. Alot of memories. I miss her mum and sis. It's sad that I won't be able to see them anymore. It's sad that I had to make the decision not to be friends. It's the only way I know..

So all of you who didn't wanna meet me tonight better feel guilty!! Lolz.. It's amazing how long I can use the computer without even doing what I wanted to do in the first place. Which was my auctions and blogging about the world cup. And then can blog all this.. Am I pro? >_<

So much for me not wanting to blog about my personal life..

No comments: