Wednesday, August 16, 2006

so fucking pissed!!

Argh!! I've been wanting to blog about my bullshit 'customers' for very very long already so it's time to let it all out now! Today the customers really made my blood boil so I shall just bitch abit then go off for dinner.

Ok, first thing you all should know is.. We have to key in the nationalities of customers in codes, so we alwayz talk about them in codes. The worst customers are 21, 22 and 31. Let's play a game.. Later after I finish bitching you all can start guessing which code is which nationality k!

21 : They usually come in BIG groups of like 7 or more and usually all ladies. Once they step into the shop, it becomes a damn marketplace. All of them want your attention at once. They think like you can actually split yourself into 7 people lah. Even if you're serving their friend they will rudely interrupt and ask you to convert every single thing into their currency for them. 21s also just love asking for discounts and free gifts. And after I serve them I feel exhausted 'coz I have to speak their language. Yesterday one woman from this country pissed me off 'coz she took like 3 eye creams and one perfume making me so happy 'coz it was like my first bill, but when she reached the cashier she put everything back 'coz that stupid bitch thought the prices were in her currency which is ridiculous if you knew what her currency is lah!! PLUS I told her the prices were in Singapore dollars. Maybe my chinese just not good enough lah ah.. Oops, did I just give away their nationality?

31 : 31s are alright compared to 21s and 22s, but they just love comparing prices to those bargain stores like Mustafa and those small perfumes shops in Lucky Plaza.. Plus some of them are cheapskates. Usually they don't give me trouble but today.. This guy pissed me off the most!! He managed to make me so riled up that I decided to blog this entry. First ah, say he looking for ladies perfume. Then he added the words cheap, miniature and below $50. Luckily for him, I so nicely managed to find one set that's actually quite good for that price. Then, he said he wanted a guy's perfume too. For himself. So obviously I try to push my new Polo Black which I myself think is nice lah. First thing he say is, " Wah, so expensive ah!" even before I let him try the smell, so never mind lah, I just asked him which one he wanted. Then he told me Boss. One thing about Hugo Boss perfumes, even though they are popular, they are really cheap compared to other brands. It's like CK perfume, also very popular but very cheap lor. Usually these 2 are the brands 22s who are living in 31 go for.

Ok.. Anyway, so we went over to the Hugo Boss gondola. Guess what he took? A deodorant stick. Seriously! He thought it was a fragrance!!! Just 'coz the price ($26.40) attracted him!! A lot of dumb people have mistaken the prices before, even though on the price ticketing it clearly states DEO STK, but no one has been so fucking dumb to actually think a deodorant stick IS a perfume. He held up the deodorant and asked me, " The perfume is inside here just that it's smaller right?" I swear I was stunned for a moment. Quite amazing how some people can be so stupid.. I looked at him abit unbelievably and and told him what it really is. I mean, it looks like a deodorant stick, it's written that it's a deodorant stick and it's definitely PRICED like a deodorant stick.. So I kinda felt like I was wasting my breath just telling him what it was.. THEN YOU KNOW WHAT THAT IDIOT DID??? This is almost laughable if I wasn't so mad! He picked up a deodorant SPRAY and asked me whether that was perfume!!!! OMG lor! How come Singapore also got this kinda stupid people?!!! (ok i know i divulged the country again but i'm too agitated to care) I tried not to make it too obvious that I thought he was stupid but I think it was written all over my face. Plus I have to admit my tone was abit condescending, but considering the situation, I think I was already very nice. So when I showed him the actual perfume which was just like next to the deodorants, that blind idiot asked me why it was so ex!! *breathe in, breathe out* When I told him it's already much cheaper than outside, he told me he already had one at home and didn't wanna bring it out 'coz he scared not able to get through customs.

Oh yah, let me side track abit to explain. For the past few days, people going to US or UK have not been allowed to purchase perfumes, lotions, gels or even lipsticks! Just 'coz of that stupid bomb threat which made the police/government/whoever is in charge of that so scared that people might use the items to make a bomb on the plane or something. I think it's dumb and irrevelant lor. I don't think not being able to buy a small bottle of perfume will deter a terrorist much. Ya, like, he (i'm assuming its a he 'coz aren't they usually men? women are nicer people) comes to the shop, we don't let him buy the perfume, then he goes running back to his terrorist friends and says, " That mean woman at the shop won't allow me to buy perfume, so let's just call off our bombing plan." Stupid lor. But I'm still very scared the airport will get bombed!! I'm such a kiasi person so working at airport during this period is abit terrifying for me. Lolz.

So, back to that stupid ass guy. He was going to THAILAND lor. The perfume ban had nothing to do with him.. Give me this kinda lame excuse. He then asked me where are the cheapest perfumes then I just showed him our 'bargain corner' which is where we usually bring people who are cheapskates. Mostly those ulu brand no one know kind, but got like one or two not bad one such as CK. I showed him the CK one he said not nice. Fuck lor, want cheap still want good, and I actually think CK Crave is pretty good, then still wanna be choosy!! Instead, he asked me for the tester for some stupid Elizabeth Taylor perfume, which we didn't have, and he arrogantly said," Then open one lah! How you all going to sell if no tester?" I had to clasp my hands to stop myself from reaching out and slapping that stupid fat face of his. It's like only $39 and you want me to open a tester specially for you? He probably wouldn't have bought it anyway.

So I was losing my patience and the shop was getting more crowded so I went to serve other people then like ten minutes later went back to him 'coz he was still holding my miniature set. That's when he told me he trying to make his purchases up to $125 for the airport lucky draw. I was like thinking to myself," Wtf? You wanna choose everything so cheap it'll be days before you can reach $125 at the rate you're going lor." After that he asked me for Shiseido which we only carried at our bigger shop. And when I told him he said he'd get the miniature there too, which I kinda expected, but by then I was so pissed I just wanted to take the box of miniatures and knock his brainless head! That was like one of the worst Singaporeans I ever served. Actually sometimes I think we should be glad there are 21s and 22s if not we'll be the worst nationality already.

22 : Usually the 22s who come in are guys. And they have 2 favourite words. Show me. And almost everytime ask for cheap and good. Today 2 guys walked in and was looking at Armani, which is also under my brand, so I started telling them that if they buy 2 bottles they get a free bag. So one of them said, " Show me." So I went into our small storeroom and started searching everywhere for the bag. I really searched so hard it was like a mini workout! And when I came out the 2 stupid guys left!! Damn damn pissed.

So ya, now you all can start guessing who are the 22s.. Hehe.. Keke.. So much for bitching abit.. Then I shall not complain about my job again anytime soon k? 'Coz I might be quitting soon anyway!! Soon meaning sometime early next year maybe?


No comments: